I have been so excited to have an evening alone to watch Trainwreck. I cannot tell you how often my husband and I sit down to watch a movie and how frustrated I become at the lack of choices with a female lead. I have heard great things about Amy Schummer and was excited to see a strong female story line.
Needless to say, I was SO disappointed. Without going into all of my detailed thoughts I wanted to throw out some of the questions that crossed my mind:
- Why is it that a woman who has chosen a life of carefree sexuality and some fun with drugs and alcohol is considered a “Trainwreck”
- Why is that when she finally meets the right guy she completely changes who she is for him?
- Why oh why does the movie end with her dressed up like a cheerleader prancing around?
- Need I mention in the beginning of the film that she makes a hilarious crack about cheerleaders losing women the right to vote
- Does the fact this film exists and I have the ability to share my thoughts and pick it a part show signs of progress in our society?
- OR was this just another stereotypical Hollywood movie where the woman is saved by love and changes for her man?